Canada Holidays API
The Canada Holidays API lists all 30 public holidays for all 13 provinces and territories in Canada, including federal holidays.
- Get all holidays with associated regions
- Get all regions with associated holidays
- Get federal holidays
- Get national holidays
- Get upcoming (“next”) holiday for each region
- Get holidays for multiple years:
Plus(!!!) check out all the goodies you get for free
It’s free ( )
- Dedicated support channel
- Kind of bilingual (EN & FR)
- Basically compliant with the Government of Canada Standards on APIs ( )
- Open source which is cool if you’re a nerd
- Documented with an OpenAPI spec which is even more cool for even nerdier nerds
Definitely use it for your billions of dollars mission-critical system.
There's an OpenAPI spec at
Canada-Holidays-API.v1.yaml and a SwaggerHub page where you can test the endpoints.
There’s also a basic overview on GitHub if you’re a “read-the-first-and-last-chapter” kind of person.
I’ve collected references to all the sources I’m using for each region in Canada, so data returned from the API should all be accurate.
Back to top